Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hot Dog Boats!


Ok...so it really isn't a recipe, but it sure is a fun way to eat a hot dog. I had some leftover hoagie rolls and thought it would be nice to use that as a hot dog bun. All I did was cut out some of the middle and put it under the broiler with a thin layer of butter or mayo to crisp it up (depends on my mood). Then just fill your boat up with all your goodies....chili, cheese, sauerkraut, onions, jalapenos, relish, mustard, ketchup...whatever you'd like! The bonus is if you cut your hot dog in half lengthwise you can fit two in there. Happy Hot Dog Eating!

2 comments:

~Amber~ said...

Cute, creative idea. I have wrapped hot dogs in biscuits before but never hoagie rolls.

Cara said...

yummy! I haven't had a hot dog in a while, but that is bringing on the craving. wanna play tag?
http://carascravings.blogspot.com/2007/06/ive-been-tagged.html