Thursday, September 20, 2007
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
As soon I as saw this on Chelley's blog I knew I had to try it. It was very good....and sweet! This is on our list for our housewarming party.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip (adapted from Recipezaar)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. (You can also do this in the microwave but watch it closely. The butter/sugar mixture will boil over fast. Stir every 30 seconds or so.)
2. Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for 1 minute.
4. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
7. Garnish with additional chips, if you choose.
I served this will Nilla Wafers. You could also use graham crackers, chocolate graham sticks or something else sweet!
I was happy it came out SO good because all the ingredients I used were Wal-Mart brand (except the chocolate chips and Nilla Wafers).