Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Olive, Basil and Garlic Bread


I used Joelen's "Sun-dried Tomato, Rosemary and Garlic Bread" recipe to inspire me for this one. Since I am not ready to try out yeast bread I was happy to see this recipe because there is not yeast involved...just beer!


Ingredients

3 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 -3 tablespoons basil garlic seasoning blend
1/4 cup finely chopped green olives with pimentos
1(12oz) can or bottle of beer (I used Budweiser)
cooking spray to grease loaf pan

Directions

Lightly grease loaf pan with cooking spray.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Combine all remaining ingredients except beer in a large bowl.Pour beer into the mixture and stir thoroughly - don't over mix!Pour bread batter into greased loaf pan.Bake 50-55 minutes in preheated oven.Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.


My thoughts:

It was good, but not as much flavor as I was hoping for. It seemed more sweet than savory. But I am sure it didn't help that I forgot the salt and for some unknown reason I added baking soda. It was early that morning and I guess I could not read! I am going to play with it some more and I always want to try a sweet version.

No comments: