Friday, September 14, 2007

Marinated Baked Pork Chops



I found this recipe on Allrecipes while looking for something to do with pork chops I had gotten on sale. They came out very good, and I always like to find a recipe where I have all the ingredients on hand.


INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
6 pork chops, trimmed
*a few dashes of hot sauce (I added this to the recipe)


DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small bowl, thoroughly blend soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and ketchup. *I found it easier to use a whisk to combine the items.
Place pork chops in a medium baking dish, and spread with 1/2 the sauce. *Before spreading 1/2 the sauce I sprinkled the pork chops with some salt and pepper.
Bake pork chops 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn, and spread with remaining sauce. Continue baking 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chops has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

I made this recipe with 4 pork chops and still used all the sauce. * = my changes and notes.




No comments: