Monday, September 10, 2007

Salad Bites


While browsing some blogs I came across this idea in Cherrapeno's blog and thought it was the cutest thing.


Ingredients

cucumber
sundried tomatoes
cream cheese
salt
pepper
oregano
balsamic vinegar
extra virgin olive oil

toothpicks

Directions

1. Clean the outside of your cucumber and cut in half lengthwise.
2. Cut along the bottom of each half so the cucumber will be stable.
3. Scoop out the seeds and make a little well for the cream cheese.
4. Dry the inside of the cucumber with a paper towel.
5. Fill the cucumber with cream cheese (neatly).
6. Slice the cucumber in bite size pieces.
7. With your toothpick place on a piece of sundried tomato and stick the toothpick into the cream cheese through the cucumber.
8. Sprinkle some salt, pepper and oregano on top, and drizzle the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil over the tops.

These were good and fun to eat. I think next time I will spice up the cream cheese and add an olive to the toothpick for some saltiness!

3 comments:

Nic said...

They look gorgeous Melissa! I love the addition of balsamic vinegar and that is a great angle for the photograph!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I saw these on Cherrapeno's site as well. Good for you for trying this recipe. I have if bookmarked myself.

Candace said...

Ooooh, looks fancy and so easy! Just my style... :) I'll try these for my next dinner party.